10,000 Year Clock Being Built Inside a Mountain in West Texas
Posted on June 23, 2011
A 10,000 Year Clock is being built inside a mountain in West Texas. The clock will move forward once a year. It also includes a century hand that moves only once every 100 years. The cuckoo will emerge from the clock on the millennium.
The clock will be 200 feet tall when completed. Amazon.com CEO and founder Jeff Bezos is helping to fund the project.
Here are some highlights of the 10,000 Year Clock:
- The clock will tick once a year
- It will have a century hand that advances once every 100 years
- The Clock's chime generator creates a different bell ringing sequence each day for 10,000 years.
- A cuckoo comes out each millennium
- Carved into the mountain are five room-sized anniversary chambers: 1 year, 10 year, 100 year, 1,000 year, and 10,000 year anniversaries