Science Roundup 2-5-2020
Posted on February 5, 2020
- Scientists have determined that bumble bees prefer a low-fat diet. Researchers at the Technical University of Munich used a two-step mechanistical approach to
determine the bumble bee's preferred taste in pollen.
- Fireflies face multiple threates including a loss of habitats, pesticides, light pollution and more reports The Guardian.
- Scientists at Cambridge University investigated how sand dunes "communicate" with each other. Two sand dunes were found to repel each other in the experiment.
- DNA evidence links ambergris beach blobs to sperm whales. Marco Polo's travelogue hunch was correct notes the New York Times.
- Cuttlefish will eat fewer crabs if they know shrimp is available for dinner. The study was conducted by University of Cambridge researchers.