Canada Records First Death from Covid-19 Coronavirus
Posted on March 9, 2020Canada has recorded its first death from the Covid-19 coronavirus. The British Columbia case was a man in his 80s who lived at a North Vancouver care home.
Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry is quoted by Global News as saying, "Our heartfelt condolences go out to his family and loved ones and also of course to the staff that provided him care, and to his home at the Lynn Valley Care Centre."
At least two other people at the care home has tested positive for the coronavirus. Nursing homes are going to have a hard time with this virus as its patients are the most vulnerable. We have already seen this in the U.S. with the nursing facility in Washington state - the Life Care Center in Kirkland.
- JPL Shares New Version of The Pale Blue Dot
- CDC Ships Coronavirus Test Kits to Local U.S. Laboratories
- Gunakadeit Joseeae Thalattosaur Had an Extremely Pointed Snout
- Study Suggests Carrying for a Small Work Plant Can Reduce Stress
- Fish Parasite Named After Xena, the Warrior Princess