Jamaica Records First Coronavirus Case
Posted on March 10, 2020Jamaica has recorded its first case of the Covid-19 coronavirus. The case was reported in Kingston, Jamaica.
The Jamaica Observer reports that the patient is a Jamaican female who recently traveled from the UK to Jamaica. She has been in isolation since March 9.
Jamaica's Health Minister Dr. Christopher Tufton said in a statement, "Based on the patientÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s travel history and symptoms, health professionals suspected COVID-19. A clinical sample was collected and sent to the National Influenza Centre, where laboratory tests confirmed the diagnosis today at approximately 11 am."
An article on Loop says contact tracing is is underway and a health team was dispatched to the woman's home. It also says Jamaica recently activated a $2 billion Covid-19 response plan.
- JPL Shares New Version of The Pale Blue Dot
- CDC Ships Coronavirus Test Kits to Local U.S. Laboratories
- Gunakadeit Joseeae Thalattosaur Had an Extremely Pointed Snout
- Study Suggests Carrying for a Small Work Plant Can Reduce Stress
- Fish Parasite Named After Xena, the Warrior Princess