Four Repatriated Diamond Princess Passengers Test Positive in UK
Posted on February 23, 2020The UK brought 32 passengers from the virus-laden Diamond Princess back home earlier this week. Four of these passengers have now tested positive for the coronaivrus. They had tested negative before leaving for England.
The passengers had been quarantined at Arrowe Park. The four patients testing positive will transferred to specialist NHS infection centers according to a Guardian report. The four cases bring the UK's total case count to 13.
The U.S. has also had repatriated passengers from the Diamond Princess test positive after initially testing negative before heading home. Axios says the CDC is expecting more of the ship's former passengers to test positive.
- JPL Shares New Version of The Pale Blue Dot
- CDC Ships Coronavirus Test Kits to Local U.S. Laboratories
- Gunakadeit Joseeae Thalattosaur Had an Extremely Pointed Snout
- Study Suggests Carrying for a Small Work Plant Can Reduce Stress
- Fish Parasite Named After Xena, the Warrior Princess