Samsung Introduces Ballie Robot at CES 2020
Posted on January 6, 2020
Samsung introduced its Ballie robot at CES 2020. Samsung Consumer Electronics President and CEO H.S. Kim is pictured holding the round yellow robot during his keynote. The opening keynote was called "Age of Experience."
Samsung describes Ballie as a personal care robot. Samsung says Ballie "understands you, supports you, and reacts to your needs to be actively helpful around the house." Ballie has AI capabilities that enable it to be both a fitness assistant and a mobile interface.
Samsung released a Ballie video that shows it following both pets and humans. It helps wake people up and follows them around turning on things they might need. It also plays with the family dog and turns on the robotic vacuum when the dog accidentally spills a bowl of cereal.
There are not details yet on Ballie pricing or availability. Engadget notes that this is not the first spherical bot from Samsung. Here's the Ballie video:
- Tiny Crustacean Snaps Giant Claw Shut 10,000 Times Faster Than Blink of a Human Eye
- Wearable Robotic Third Arm Smashes Walls and Picks Vegetables
- Hexapod Robots Walk Faster With Flexible Feet
- Giant Hailstone From Argentina Could Set New World Record
- It Rains Liquid Iron on Exoplanet WASP-76b