Washington D.C. Issues Coronavirus Stay-at-Home Order
Posted on March 30, 2020Washington D.C. has joined Virginia, Maryland and many other states and cities with a stay-at-home order to reduce the spread of the coronavirus. WTOP reports that residents are directed to stay in their homes except to get food, medical care and a few other exceptions.
The news follows a surge in the D.C. area with 16 coronavirus deaths in a single day. NBC Washington reports that this is the most deaths from the virus in a single day for the D.C. area.
D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser says in a statement, "Our message remains the same: stay home. Staying at home is the best way to flatten the curve and protect yourself, your family, and our entire community from COVID-19. Many people want to know how they can help right now, and for most people this is how â€” by staying home."
BREAKING: Washington, D.C. issues stay-at-home order due to coronavirus— BNO Newsroom (@BNODesk) March 30, 2020
- Giant Hailstone From Argentina Could Set New World Record
- It Rains Liquid Iron on Exoplanet WASP-76b
- Study Reveals 3-D Structure of Ultra-Black Butterfly Wings
- NASA Image Shows Lake Mega Chad Remnants
- JPL Shares New Version of The Pale Blue Dot