Oman Reports First Coronavirus Cases
Posted on February 24, 2020
Oman is confirming its first two cases of the coronavirus. Both cases are women who recently returned from Iran. Oman also announced it is halting flights between Iran, which has a more serious outbreak of Covid-19.
The New York Times is reporting that Oman says both women are in stable condition according to Oman's Health Ministry.
The outbreak in Iran is leading to a number of cases in other countries. Iran has officially confirmed 47 cases but the number is likely to be much higher based on the exported cases to other countries. Bahrain and Kuwait both recently confirmed their first cases. These cases were also people returning from Iran. There are also cases in Afghanistan according to Fox News.
- JPL Shares New Version of The Pale Blue Dot
- CDC Ships Coronavirus Test Kits to Local U.S. Laboratories
- Gunakadeit Joseeae Thalattosaur Had an Extremely Pointed Snout
- Study Suggests Carrying for a Small Work Plant Can Reduce Stress
- Fish Parasite Named After Xena, the Warrior Princess