U.S. Now Has 53 Coronavirus Cases
Posted on February 24, 2020The U.S. has a total of 53 confirmed coronavirus cases. These include 14 confirmed cases that are travel-related and through person-to-person spread and another 39 repatriated cases. Of the repatriated cases 3 are from Wuhan and 36 are from the Diamond Princess Cruise Ship.
Some of the Diamond Princess Cruise Ship are clearly people who tested positive after returning home. Some of these people had been cleared through testing in Japan.
The CDC U.S. cases site says that the Diamond Princess cases are laboratory confirmed and "may or may not have been symptomatic."
The CDC still updates that page only three days a week. Information on the number of people tested is no longer provided on the CDC page but you may be able to find on state or city department of health websites.
- JPL Shares New Version of The Pale Blue Dot
- CDC Ships Coronavirus Test Kits to Local U.S. Laboratories
- Gunakadeit Joseeae Thalattosaur Had an Extremely Pointed Snout
- Study Suggests Carrying for a Small Work Plant Can Reduce Stress
- Fish Parasite Named After Xena, the Warrior Princess