RipStik: Outdoor Toy of the Year
Posted on April 11, 2008The RipStik Caster Board was awarded Outdoor Toy of the Year by the Toy Industry Association (TIA) during the T.O.T.Y (Toy of the Year) Awards Ceremony. The toy features a mechanical design that the manufacturer says "blends the carving of surfing and snowboarding into a sport for dry land."
Carlton Calvin, president of Razor USA, manufacturers of the RipStik, says in a statement, "We are thrilled that the RipStik has been selected for this T.O.T.Y award. The introduction of the RipStik has lead to a nationwide craze, with consumers of all ages carving on the streets, from Southern California to Florida and everywhere in between. This spring, RipStik fans can look forward to more RipStik products with exciting new features in stores nationwide."
Here are some of the features of the RipStik.
- Plastic end platforms connected by metal torsion beam
- Urethane wheels on 360 degree inclined casters
- Traction pads on each platform
- Independently rotating platforms generate speed and allow tight twisting and turning without pushing
- Kick tail and raised kick nose with concave design for tricks and improved footing