Publix and Sprouts Helping Chapul Cricket Bars Go Mainstream
Posted on September 29, 2016
Chapul makes cricket protein bars. The bars come in three flavors: Matcha, Aztec, Thai and Chaco. Chapul says you should eat crickets because they are healthy and sustainable. The company says they have 15% more iron than spinach, twice the proein of beef and as much Vitamin B12 as salmon.
Chapul sells the bars from its website, chapul.com. They also sell cricket flour. The bars can be found at stores including Abby’s Health and Nutrition, Natural Grocers, Quincy Natural Foods and Briar Patch Co-op.
Forbes reports that Publix is also carrying the cricket bars. Forbes notes in its article that Publix is "among the country's top 10 largest-volume supermarket chains." It has over 1,100 locations. Chapul's find-a-store page, available here, also lists Sprouts as a carrier of cricket bars, which would also be considered a mainstream grocer. All Publix and Sprouts locations but not carry the cricket bars but there are many listed that are.
The bars were featured on an episode of Shark Tank.
- Monkeypox Outbreak 2022: Live Blog
- Titanokorys Gainesi: Fossil of Large Half-Billion Year Old Creature Discovered in Canada
- Bat Flies Likely Use Bacteria to Find Bats to Bite
- EVA Robot Has Soft and Expressive Face
- Cherry Grown in Experimental Garden is World's Heaviest Cherry