Video of the Albino Cyclops Shark Embryo
Posted on November 5, 2011
A cyclops albino shark fetus was found inside a shark captured by a fisherman near Cerralvo Island in the Gulf of California. National Geographic reported last month that scientists confirmed the shark was genuine. Cyclops sharks have never been caught outside the womb, possibly because they do not survive long in the wild after birth.
Marine scientist Marcela Bejarano carries the dead cyclops shark on the beach in this video. Bejarano says, "It's a Cyclops shark, it's an exceptional case, because there have never been international reports, scientific reports, nothing of that sort about a shark that has these features."
Later in the video clip, Fisherman Enrique Lucero Leon can be seen putting the unusual shark embryo he found in a tank. Take a look:
- JPL Shares New Version of The Pale Blue Dot
- CDC Ships Coronavirus Test Kits to Local U.S. Laboratories
- Gunakadeit Joseeae Thalattosaur Had an Extremely Pointed Snout
- Study Suggests Carrying for a Small Work Plant Can Reduce Stress
- Fish Parasite Named After Xena, the Warrior Princess